Saturday, June 20, 2009

GODS NEED YOU MORE THAN YOU NEED THEM

Ever wonder why gods keep demanding that you believe in them? It's simple--if no one believes in them, they stop existing.

Think about it. Baal doesn't exist any more, does he? That's 'cause no one goes around worshiping him any more. Same with Thor and Zeus. Oh sure, people tell the old myth stories, but that's all they are...stories.Nobody actually worships them these days.A god without worshipers gets sent to a special limbo. It's sad to think of, really, like a one-time wealthy industrialist sitting on the curb with a begging bowl, stopping people and asking for spare change. "Please believe in me. I've got all these hungry seraphim to feed."

Unlike other gods, Polly knows DesCartes' argument. She exists because she believes in herself. She doesn't whine for other peoples' belief. Whenever someone tries to tell you that you must believe in their god, say, "Why? Doesn't he believe in himself?"

You know you exist, so you don't need god. But god needs you to save him from a fate worse than death: Nonexistence.

2 comments:

  1. So True! People definitely need and create gods. They create them out of their own fears, wants and needs,and desires...and when they stop worshiping them, the gods go to god limbo and become the very myth and legend that gods are made of. Polly is different--I like Polly. Descartes arguments are illogical and circular...
    Nice post!! Keep 'em coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would explain why Yahweh is so "jealous" in the Bible all the time; if no one believes in him, what would he have left to do?

    I saw you on Atheist Nexus and thought I would check out the site. I think it sounds like a very interesting book, something I would really like to read sometime. I will definitely put it on my list of books to read (I'm currently re-reading the Bible, so maybe this would be a good read right after that!)

    ReplyDelete